Welcome to the Characters, Words and More Blog!
Even though I love writing, I’ve hesitated to write a blog – after all, with so many great ones out there, why would someone want to read mine?
But I just had to give it a try. I write part time, and one of the advantages of combining a business career with writing is that I get a constant source of inspiration.
I could write (or talk) about my characters all day, but sadly, not all of their stories make it into the novels, some are cut during editing and some just rattle around my head, and they might be interesting to readers.
So some of the topics you may see here are:
· Bits left on the editing floor – scenes and backstory that is not in the books
· Topics for future books – with reader polls
· Pictures and sayings, sometimes just pictures
· Unusual words you may want to know (throw these into your next conversation!)
· Quizzes (I’ve heard that people love quizzes)
Please feel free to post comments and questions. It's more fun to have a dialog than a monologue!
Insights on writing, characters, humor and other tidbits from the author of the "Scoops and Schemes" series of novels.
Join the conversation on Facebook !
Nancy's books are available for Kindle, Nook and other e-readers. Find retailers here.