Want to write? If you do, I found this very helpful blog post from Zen Habits. In it, he urges the reader to start writing every day. Which is not easy (believe me, I know!)
So here are the helpful tips:
1) Have a reason - having the motivation of informing, helping people or just getting that story out of your mind can help get your fingers moving.
2) Block off the time -- this can be hard as everyone is so busy and it's hard to save time for yourself. Remember #1.
3) Set unforgettable reminders -- as with any habit, if you remind yourself in a way that motivates, you'll more likely to do it.
4) Do it in short bursts -- it's easier to say "I'll write for 5 minutes" than committing an hour. I discovered this when I participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) a few years ago.
5) Be mindful, grateful, and focused -- don't lose your sense of wonder or gratitude for being able to express yourself, even if it is just for 5 minutes.
If you'd like to read the original article*, here's the link: http://zenhabits.net/daily/
Let me know if this helps you!
Thanks for reading ,
*this is not an endorsement of the Zen Habits course. I do enjoy his blogs, though.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Insights on writing, characters, humor and other tidbits from the author of the "Scoops and Schemes" series of novels.
Join the conversation on Facebook !
Nancy's books are available for Kindle, Nook and other e-readers. Find retailers here.
Copyright 2022 © Nancy MacCreery